Some NS performance tips
Before consider the ideas to improve the performance mind what the SMP Implementation Guide says:
- Symantec does not recommend that you install SQL Server on a virtual
- When Notification Server is installed on a virtual computer, the data loader
show performance degradation (approximately 25%).
Some ideas to improve the SMP performance
- Improving IIS and Notification Server response times by disabling debug mode using disableweb.exe. Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO6940. Download the DisableWebDebug_7.x.zip, extract, and execute disablewebdebug.exe /fix.
- Defrag regularly the drives of your SMP Server and SQL Server to have a better I/O.
- Creating a maintenance plan in SQL Server 2005 or 2008 to optimize database performance: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO8589
- On the SQL Server set Windows’ memory usage to favor Programs over System Cache. SQL Server does its own data caching to improve performance, and the more memory reserved for its use, the more efficient its caching can be. Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10723 with a lot of SQL server performance recomendations.
- Agent configuration schedule to 03 or 04 hours.
- Delta resource membership update schedules to 30, 45 min or 1 hour.
- Policy resource membership update schedules to 30, 45 min or 1 hour.
- Task Service update schedule to every 15 minutes.